Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hungry for Mexican......

Yes we were..............food, that is! But little did we know that going to No Mas Hacienda, a Mexican restaurant in downtown Atlanta, were we going to "feast our eyes" with beautiful Mexican art as well !




Our lunch was delicious, but the best part about it was strolling through the No Mas Hacienda gallery and gift shop afterwards.







I can truly say that there is no place like this any where that I've visited out side of Mexico.





These items are meticulously hand crafted and created.






There is a wonderful mix of old and new,







traditional and modern......



These chickens were so vibrant, they brought a smile to my face.....








I particulary identified with this sculpture... exactly how I was feeling after feasting on their delicious mexican cuisine...



Love how they mixed these elements to create a mod yet rustic feel..........




The lighting is so unique and sculptural and surprisingly affordable...

























To me, this looks like a painting...


Oh yes.........This pottery belongs in my kitchen !



Hand carved doors........



Can't get enough of the pottery... and what a beautiful vignette it makes here....











I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves........






















No need for a passport, Mexico and an exquisite array of art work is as close as Atlanta...



The next time you are hungry for Mexican.. you should go to No Mas Hacienda...... not only are you going to enjoy the food, you'll feast your eyes on delicious art !

7 comments:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

How fun! The next time my hubby and I pass through ATL (We'll be going through in May on our way to our daughter's graduation :o), I will definitely have to have mapquest directions on hand, cuz I want to go :o)

I love Mexican food, but also love those pierced star lanterns!

Thanks for sharing about this restaurant :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
Hope you and your family are doing great! Have a wonderful week :o)

Tardevil said...

Looks REALLY NICE! So, gotta ask, what did you buy? I'm with you on that red pottery! Love it! I hope the food was as good as the decor!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

We are going to Atlanta in April. We will have to check it out. Thanks for the tip. Love & blessings from NC!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

All I can say is WOW! Amazing post, thanks for sharing all this beauty!
Cindy

Justine said...

Oh please, tell me you bought something from there! Such amazing stuff. I don't think I could have left without one of those chickens. They're so beautiful and unique!

Justine :o )

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Wow!!! Thanks for the incredible virtual shopping trip. The shop was incredible. I'm not sure I could have eaten knowing the gift shop was that awesome.. had to laugh when you said the one guy reminded you of how you felt after eating,... loved the pottery, did you buy any??? Thanks for swinging in to say hello, I've missed you girl... hugs ~lynne~

Abuela4 said...

What a wonderful site. The pictures are spectacular and I know the food and salsa must be out of this world. Art work is great, too. Abuelo and I shall plan to get there soon. You do find the neatest places.