No photography was allowed, so the following 3 photos were courtesy of the Ga. Aquarium:
Planet Shark: Predator or Prey will feature:
- Full-scale shark models cast from real specimens, including an 18-foot Great White shark caught in South Australian waters – the largest caught by recreational fishing.
- Extensive collection of real shark jaws, teeth and fossils dating back 350 million years
- Shark cages and authentic artifacts from the movie "Jaws"
- An amazing "frozen in time" display featuring a real, frozen 700 lb Bluefin tuna and its natural predator, a real frozen adult Mako shark
- Stories on human/shark encounters as told by survivors and shark experts
- An examination of their size, biology, hunting strategies and amazing sensory systems
- Detailed information on the Great White shark satellite tagging program and other conservation efforts
- Captivating high-definition displays and hands-on experiences that demonstrate the behaviors and relationships of sharks
Planet Shark: Predator or Prey is being
presented through a new partnership
between the Georgia Aquarium and Grande
Exhibitions - an Australian-based producer
of museum-quality exhibitions. This
fascinating 12,000 square-foot exhibition was
created by a team of experts in the fields of
sharks, aquariums, ocean cinematography
and world-class exhibitions.
Enjoy the sea life I was able to capture with my own camera:
I like to think of these jelly fish as nature's take on modern art. I couldn't get enough of them... so etherial and captivating........
Need a little "staycation" this week? Go to the Georgia Aquarium... it will take your breath away!