Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Surprise Tropical Metamorphosis






A while back I surprised my parents-in-law with a bedroom makeover while they were enjoying a well deserved cruise for their anniversary....


Although they liked their room well enough, it didn't reflect their love for the tropics that they enjoy so much.... So I thought I would freshen up their room with ....

with new pillows, shams, bedskirt...





lamps, ...
art........



window treatments.......






I covered the top of their storage trunks with fabric from the window treatments...



added a luxurious throw...




a little tropical greenery ....










then I went to work on their bathroom...





New art and window treatments here as well....




a tropical arrangement for the vanity with Mom's favorite flowers, bird of paradise and antheriums.......


I was pleased to have found this copper art work for the wall...




and TAH-DAH.....



Paradise found............

My parents in law are the best a girl could hope for. They were so appreciative and surprised, it was really a rewarding experience for me!

P.S. I have been able to enlarge my pics by adjusting the html, but for unknown reasons it did not work tonight....has something in blogger changed, or is it my computer?! :o(

Please join us at Susan's for more transformations!

16 comments:

Stacey said...

What a sweet thing to do for your in-laws. Both rooms turned out beautiful. Reminds me of a vacation spot. :)

Tardevil said...

Love the window treatment fabric, rattan or is it wicker trunks, the greenery & the floral arrangement in the bathroom. I bet they loved it & you for doing it. We need our projects, don't we? :O) I know I do. When my house gets done, I have to move!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Aren't you sweet to do this makeover? I love how everything turned out. Looks great!!! Love & blessings from NC!

Anne said...

Found my way here from Metamorphosis Monday. Would you please be my daughter-in-law? You did a fantastic transformation of your in-laws bed & bathroom! Great job!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Very nice make over, I know your In-laws loved it. What a sweet surprise for them
Molly

Cottage Rose said...

OH my what a truly loving thing you did for them... I love how it all came out... you have wonderful taste and decorating talent... what a generous caring and giving soul you have.... bet the really enjoy sleeping in paradise...

Hugs;
Alaura

Just a dreamer said...

Rose, you did an outstanding job. It sounds like a mutual admiration society you all have. I wish I would have had that kind of relationship when I was married. Fondly, Jackie

Pinky said...

OH, this is just BEAUTIFUL!!! I adore anything tropical so this is right up my alley!!! Great job! Thanks for sharing! XO, Pinky

Allison Shops said...

What a nice makeover, and a nice DIL you are!
Allison

Marigene said...

What a lovely master suite.

Aprons Gone Wild said...

Nice job and such a sweet gesture.
Joanne

Painter's Place said...

Everything looks wonderful! I bet they love you as much as you love them!!

Denise said...

What a wonderful transformation, and how sweet of you to do it as a surprise :) I love the fabric on the bed and windows... gorgeous.

Peg said...

This is one big brave project and you did a fabulous job! I really like the fabrics you chose and the extra touches you added.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Great makeover. Very nice of you to do that!

abuela said...

Oh Rose, what a wondeful surprise to see this on your blog. Still enjoy the tropical look so much....just like the first time you showed the make-over to us. Thank you for being you and for all the wonderful things you do for us. Love you, abuela