Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Inspirational designs from the street of dreams

This table setting was such a work of art.... this picture did not capture all of the splendor. The colors were so fresh and interesting. The textures were palpable...
I love, love this wall color, so soft with a hint of robin's egg blue... I think it was Sherwin williams sea salt or sea spray....
Yummy fabrics, colors are so soft and luxurious...
I loved the look of this window treatment in the kitchen. It looked simple but sophisticated.
Oh to have the luxury of extra cabinet space to use as display.. mine are stuffed full and solid doors are a must. But I would love to be able to do this.
Many gorgeous bedrooms. I loved the colors and the european flair.
What a heavenly back porch...actually the word porch does not do it justice. An outdoor family room, perhaps....

I thought the bench in the eat-in breakfast room was so cute and wanted to copy this in my home. Love the colors..
Cute, cute window treatments and I adore the scroll work on the walls and ceiling...I want to do this too!
Dreaming of ice blue and chocolate brown .... love the bedside tables, but I'm not so sure about the things over the bed. what do you think? yeah or nay?
We are back in the kitchen, folks, I loved the idea of painting the little wall behind the dishes a different color , it really added a nice punch.
The princess will now receive her tea and crumpets, please.... Yummo!

Last year the Street of Dreams had beautiful model homes in Atlanta and I had the opportunity to visit them and get inspired. I hope you enjoyed the tour!

17 comments:

Bo said...

Wow...what else can be said...but Wow...Thanks for taking me on the tour. ;-) Bo

Naz said...

Enjoyed the tour, and I vote nay on those things over the bed. What were they anyway? lol

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Loved the tour. It WAS very inspirational. And I voted against those things over the bed too :-)
Penny

Penny said...

What a lovely tour. I love going on the home tours. My fave in Atlanta is the Cathedral of St. Phillips tour in the Buckhead area the end of each January. Have you been? You're welcome to go along with me next time. I love all tours, but I especially love this one because it's always in real peoples homes, and they are always amazing! The annual Roswell Woman's Club Tour is soon I think. Do you go to that one? I've never done the Street Of Dreams, but after this post you know I will. :-)

So glad to have found your blog. I found it through a link on another blog. I also read where Susan and you met last nite. How cool is that!

Penny in Dunwoody, GA

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

I love that pale blue color! And the tablescapes was gorgeous. I haven't attended a Street of Dreams in years...so this was fun! :-) Susan

Bridget said...

Hello Fellow Empty Nest Mom, I didn't know you had a blog. Where have I been for the past ten days? lol
I love this home tour. How fun to be able to see all these pretty rooms from Atlanta! I think the things over that bed look like something you'd buff a car with or wax the floors with.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What a grand tour...the tablescape is out of this world gorgeous.. I escpecially loved the kitchen curtains and the mix of fabrics that were chosen... I didn't care for the white "thingies" ...what on earth were they?... What a great time to meet a fellow RMS..sure you had a super time...
hugs ~lynne~

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

I would LOVE to do a tour with you or with you and Penny. I almost went on the Catherdral of St. Philip tour with friends but I couldn't get them movtivated to go that weekend. Love to do Scotts, too...haven't been there is ages. We usually do the Christmas tour in Marietta, and we do Washington, Madison and Macon tours throughout the year, also. Three of us are going on the Newnan Ramble with The Georgia Trust next month...I believe that will be on the 4th of October. If you have any interest, let me know and I'll send you the info. Then on Sunday the 5th, we are going to the Oakland Cemetary Festival...can you believe it...a festival in a cemetary...Oakland is also considered a park. Let me know if you are interested in either activity that weekend. If so, you could come to my house...then we could drive in together. I love home and garden tours. Yes, I do believe that sweet birdie is perched on a magnolia branch...how fitting for moonlight and magnolias. :-)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful beautiful tour! That table is to die for! So much eye candy, my head is spinning
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

imjacobsmom said...

They are all so dreamy.....thanks for sharing the tour! ~ Robyn

EmBee said...

Love these pics... So please tell me this years Street of Dreams is taking place next weekend.
:-)

PAT said...

I enjoyed the tour, so much. I'll be back in a bit for a closer look.

This is my first visit to your blog. Enjoyed! Welcome to the land of blog.

My blog address is:
http://backporchmusings.blogspot.com
Hope to see you sometime.

Justine said...

What fantastic rooms to explore! I love the master bedroom. I don't know what those things above the bed are, but I find them to be interesting to look at!

Justine :o )

bj said...

Oh, I loved every single photo.
I also love YOUR home so much, tho, and can't wait for you to post some more of your rooms!!
love, bj

bj said...

In fact, I am just about to DIE to see your living room so I can copy it !!!!!!!!:O)

Rue said...

Wonderful tour, but I also have to say nay on those things above the bed. Very strange.

rue

nikkicrumpet said...

WHOA NELLY! What gorgeous rooms. I love all the luxuriant fabrics. I didn't so much love the big white furry boobs over the bed...but the rest was scrumptious! I really enjoyed that tour!